Sunday, March 15, 2009

toys.thepete.com: CyniCat (3" Cat Qee from Toy2R)



Completed in April of 2007, this was my second ever custom toy design.

He was painted with Sharpies and began life as a blank Cat Qee from

Toy2R. I'm definitely a cat-person, in general, so I knew I had to

pick up this blank up. :) And since I am very cynical, the design

made sense, too. Annoyingly, I applied the clear coat too heavily and

his hairline bled a little :( Not bad for number 2, though.



Working on 3 inch figures is particularly tough, in my opinion. I

don't recommend it using regular-sized Sharpies. I wish I had the

super-fine-tipped ones for this piece.



Check out my Flickrset for all the pics of CyniCat here:

www.flickr.com/photos/thepete/sets/72157600092707667/



Orignal From: toys.thepete.com: CyniCat (3" Cat Qee from Toy2R)

No comments: