Sunday, September 03, 2006

THE BAD KIND OF URANIUM FOUND IN IRAN

I'm sure most right-wingers who visit ThePete.Com think I'm some hippie-leftie-pinko-commie-type. I hate Bush, I'm against the Iraq Attack and I think women should have the right to choose what they do with their bodies (although I think certain types of abortions are taking a human life). All of those things add up to gay guy, I guess. Of course, the reason I bring this up is to point out how balanced I really am. As the title of this post suggests, they found uranium in Iran. "They" is the International Atomic Energy Agency and they, according to [http://upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060901-070212-4100r|a September 1, 2006 article] at www.UPI.com:
The International Atomic Energy Agency told the U.N. Security Council its inspectors have found new traces of enriched uranium in Iran.
Now, this is not the low level kind of uranium used in a energy production-type situation--this is higher level stuff that the article suggests is used in nuke weapons. Here's a bit more from the article:
The country has insisted that its nuclear program is aimed only at producing energy, a task that would use uranium enriched at much lower levels than that found by the IAEA inspectors.
So, they don't say it's for WMD, but that's clearly, and understandably, a concern. What I want to know is why hasn't this story been all over Fox News? This UPI article was posted a week ago and--hell, this could be considered a smoking gun for the Bush Admin. Why isn't this news? I don't get it...

Orignal From: THE BAD KIND OF URANIUM FOUND IN IRAN

No comments: