Monday, September 11, 2006

HOLLYWOODLAND (2006)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely. I enjoyed it, though it did meander quite a bit.
Technically any good? There were pieces of the film I really loved. However, I think most people who see this film will find it slow. I found it slow, but interesting. I did have a problem with Affleck's make-up as his character ages--that is to say, his character didn't really age that much while in the real world, he aged quite a lot. I also found the locations (1950's LA) to look a bit too much like they'd look today and not enough like they'd look in the 1950s. Still, there was nothing technical, in the acting, script or direction that I had a problem with. Yes, I felt that Ben Affleck was really good as George Reeves. It was actually very solid casting for him.
How did it leave me feeling? Entertained and thoughtful. I actually think the filmmakers were trying to make a larger statement about truths that fall between the cracks of every day life. In that sense, it was a very good film.
Final Rating? SIYL - No explosions in this one, folks, but still a good film.

Orignal From: HOLLYWOODLAND (2006)

1 comment:

Vigilante said...

Oh, I really like this look! Much mo' betta than the old Pete, IMNSHO!

I'll be droppin' in more often to pester Petey here, so you pop the popcorn ahead of time, will ya!