Saturday, September 30, 2006

SOLDIER WALKS ACROSS UTAH TO PROTEST IRAQ WAR

Marshall Thompson spent a year in Iraq in the USMil. He's back now and planning to walk across Utah to protest the war. Here's some text from his website, ASoldiersPeace.Com:
My name is Marshall Thompson and I recently returned to Utah after serving one year in Iraq. While it still seems like a wonderful dream to be home, I can't rest knowing of all the brave men and women sacrificing in Iraq. There is not enough being done to bring them home. I feel that any appeals made to politicians will always be fruitless while both parties are distracted in name calling and bitter partisanship. Instead I want to make an appeal directly to the ones who call the shots in this country, the People. I can't stand the thought of more people dying simply because we can't agree on a way to leave Iraq. I can't have peace in my own life until I've done all I can to help my brothers and sisters stuck there. This walk is to bring peace to Iraq, and if not that, then at least to bring peace to my soul. I invite everyone to join me. We invite all outside of Utah to organize their own local peace walk on October 7, 2006. Please let us know what you're planning and we will post it on this website for others to join in.
Check out ASoldiersPeace.Com for more.

Orignal From: SOLDIER WALKS ACROSS UTAH TO PROTEST IRAQ WAR

No comments: