Sunday, September 03, 2006

SCIENCE OF SLEEP (2006)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? From the same director as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (which I didn't care for), this film looks like it captures the same kind of magic and fun that Eternal had, so I'm looking forward to this film.
Technically any good? Acting-wise, it looks well done. The trailer shows off some good actors but how they are directed I couldn't tell. FX-wise, the movie looks incredible. A mix between stop-motion and CG with incredible sets and costumes for the dream sequences. While it's not my cup of tea subject-matter-wise, I do hope I can get myself to the theater to see this film--it looks like something you shouldn't miss on the big screen.
How did it leave me feeling? Fascinated and somewhat interested in seeing the movie. Again, not my cup of tea, but it looks like a lot of thought-provoking fun.
Final Rating? RTV - just being honest. If there's nothing else out that I want to see on the big screen, I'll probably check this movie out, but, I know myself. Odds are, this kind of movie will fall behind the Babels and The Last King of Scotlands. THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP opens September 22, 2006, is directed by Michel Gondry and stars Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal. You can check the trailer out [http://www.apple.com/trailers/warner_independent_pictures/thescienceofsleep/hd/|here].

Orignal From: SCIENCE OF SLEEP (2006)

No comments: