Sunday, September 03, 2006

LAST KING OF SCOTLAND (2006)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Wow, does this movie look good. I always get so excited when I see a trailer for a movie that deals with politics, culture AND historical events!! It's a smart movie-goer's paradise film!!
Technically any good? Based on the life of Idi Amin's personal physician, it follows the doctor's introduction to Amin and his eventual genocidal acts in Uganda. The film is shot in digital (I think) so it looks very grainy and "real". Like a documentary film. Now it co-stars Gillian Anderson (Scully from The X-Files) and she's really good. I am mad for the acting skillz of Forest Whitaker who I believe is incredible in just about everything I've ever seen him in--he plays Amin. SWEET.
How did it leave me feeling? Giddy like a schoolboy. I can't wait another 24 days to see this film!! SMART MOVIES! WAHOO!!! THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND opens on September 27, 2006 and you can check out the trailer for yourself [http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/thelastkingofscotland/hd/|here].

Orignal From: LAST KING OF SCOTLAND (2006)

No comments: